Monday, February 3, 2014

Bernoulli's Bagels

Bernoulli's Bagels This is one of the most legit places to grab bagels in town. There are not many places in Vancouver that specialize in making bagel, let alone good tasting bagels with variety. I guess one reason that there aren't many specialty bagel shops around because you can buy bagels in bulk for really cheap at grocery stores like Costco and Superstore. That said, taste is a different story.
Bernoulli's Bagels uses quality ingredients to make their bagels and is a reason why people keep coming back. That, coupled with their reasonable price ($1.10 for a bagel or $1.50 for bagels with butter), is also one of their biggest selling points. They have a wide variety of bagels that comes in flavours that can't be found elsewhere. Some of these specialty bagels include the chocolate chip, sun dried tomato, pesto, to name a few. This month (February, 2014), the bagel is the curry flavour.

I was on my way to an evening exam and I was hungry, so I decided to grab a bagel on my way to the exam. Because the curry bagel was the speciality this month, I decided to give it a try. Perhaps because I just ordered the plain curry bagel without butter(to keep calorie count low, mind you bagels are sources of carbs). I must say, the taste was pretty good. It wasn't too thick or too light, but just right. The bagel wasn't greasy either, which is always a plus. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the bagel that came right off the shelf was so hard it was as if I was trying to chew a hammer. I probably should have asked them to heat it up. Otherwise, the bagel was pretty good tasting and good value. TRICKS TO SAVE: Make sure to ask for a stampable bagel card (buy 10 get 1 free!)
Bernoulli's Bagels on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment