Thursday, October 16, 2014

$6.95 for a Chicken Teriyaki Bento Box?! (Ro Sushi Broadway Review)

I think I just found myself a place for cheap sushi. It was about 2:30 in the afternoon, and I was in the VGH area volunteering for a film. I haven't had lunch yet and was craving for sushi. The first one I saw immediately at that instant that I was craving sushi was Ro Sushi. Seeing their menu on the outside, I noticed the $6.95 Bento Box special and the $5.95 sushi special.
   Walking into the restaurant, there was a small flight of stairs to climb as the inside of the restaurant is a bit higher. The restaurant wasn't too busy, and my mom and I were greeted by the staff. We were seated down immediately. Looking around, the decor wasn't anything to write about. However, I noticed that they had a small elevator for those who are disabled. I really appreciate that because a lot of restaurants don't have this and I'd imagine this shows that the business actually care about customers.
    When the waitress brought over the menu, I didn't hesitate to order the chicken teriyaki bento box. At the same time, my mom got the sushi combo. After a few minutes, our order arrived. First came the miso soup, then the bento and sushi. The bento box looked pretty decent. The portions were not too big nor too small. There was about four pieces of tempura, 6 pieces of California roll, a small salad, and teriyaki with rice.
     My mom also gave me 3 pieces of her sushi combo (which came with 18 pieces of sushi: a yam tempera roll, a California roll and a tuna roll).
     I was afraid that the combo might be too small so I ordered a separate roll of dynamite roll as well.
    In short, the food portions were decent. The chicken teriyaki box was pretty filling. The chicken is a bit smaller than what I'm used to and there could have been more rice (or maybe I was just hungry at the time and my brain was playing with me), but it was still a decent price to pay for the portions. With regards to the taste, everything tasted pretty fresh. The tempura was a bit on the greasy side, but otherwise it wasn't too bad.
   $6.95 for a bento box like this is actually pretty good and I would definitely come back again,
Ro Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment