Saturday, May 3, 2014

Journey to a Marathon: The Final Frontier

It’s crazy how time flies and the marathon is approaching in a few days. I just received my race package and I was reflecting on the journey to this marathon. Starting in the ER room that December night, where I thought “man if only I could be fit enough to run in a marathon”, I didn't think it was possible to make it this far because I’ve always known the marathon was difficult, being at 42.2km in distance. From setting smaller goals to run a 10 km non-stop, to a half marathon non-stop, to doing 57 Grouse Grinds to become lighter, to running a half marathon faster to the intense, all weather workouts for that include 5 *10km runs on weekdays to 27-30km runs on weekends. Now, I’m at the final frontier of this journey, the Vancouver International Marathon is at my doorstep. I’ll be lying if I said I am not nervous. It is the first time I will be running in a full marathon. I am really excited, but also nervous I guess.
 I will be on CKNW (AM 690) at 4:45PM after the marathon for an interview! Be sure to tune in! :) I would like to thank everyone who has been with me on this journey so far, you guys are the strength behind me going.I am running in support of the Burnaby General Hospital for the inspiration that they have given me, their dedication to serving our community, and to provide better healthcare. I hope that the work that they do will continue to inspire many on the road to better health, and recovery. Please visit my event page athttp://p2p.causepro.com/bhf/campaign/34. All kinds of support whether big or small is appreciated. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment