Saturday, April 13, 2013

Seattle Mcdonald's / Transit (Seattle Trip - Part 2)


Because we were on a rushed schedule for our next destination, we found a Mcdonalds for some quick munchies. There weren't many differences I found between the appearance of the American Mcdonalds versus the Canadian Mcdonalds. The biggest difference was probably the fact that in the US, there are calories that are written on the actual overhead menu itself (which I found was really helpful in helping me decide what to get).

I tried to look for something that was as filling yet had the least amount of calories possible (because I'm on a diet as I explained in a blogpost a few months back). I first went with the familiar, which was a fish filet. I didn't notice many differences between the Canadian and American fish filet except for that in the US, that the box had a sustainable sources logo on the box.
After finishing this burger, I was still hungry. So I decided to get a chicken wrap. At first I thought that the chicken wrap was the small snack wrap that you get in Canada, but actually, it was a full sized snack wrap. Coming in at about 400 calories for 1,  but the size being huge (I say about twice the size of a fish filet), I decided to take the wrap for a try. I must say, I was amazed. It wasn't like a high class wrap, but the quality wasn't too shabby. The grilled chicken was slightly greasy factory made feeling, but the fillings were pretty filling. There were alot of filling such as lettuce, tomato and cheese.
The coolest thing I noticed about the wrap was the box it came in. It was specially designed for the wrap and you can rip the box open from the middle. Which makes the wrap easier to be eaten rather than using the paper which is really soft, and gets wet when you have too much lettuce in your wrap.
After we finished at Mcdonalds, we rushed to catch a bus to take us to the museum of flight. The busses in Seattle was not very different from the busses in Vancouver. I think they were built by New Flyer, which is a Canadian company, who also builds the busses for Translink.
One thing I did notice about the bus was that they accept bills, and you get these paper transfers the bus driver rips off for you to keep. They used to do these paper transfers in Vancouver as well until they started using those print cards. So we bussed for a total of around 40 minutes to the Museum of Flight.
What was interesting is that, when we exited the back door, we yelled thank you to the bus driver. This thank you habit is a thing that I noticed Vancouverites doing, and we thought people in Seattle does this too... But apparently not. We got some pretty hard stares...

No comments:

Post a Comment