Sunday, January 14, 2018

Myst Asian Fusion (Review) - Is the hype worth it?

This is probably one of the busiest Taiwanese food places I've ever seen. Driving by, it always seems so busy and packed. My friends and I decided to give them a try one afternoon when it didn't look as busy. I was surprised how difficult it was to find parking. The parking lot is very small and hard to navigate. So we had to hop out of the car as one of my friends parked the car.
   When we arrived, it was not too busy so we were seated immediately. Once seated, we were brought hot tea and the menu. The menu itself had a surprising amount of things on it and the prices were fair. A wide variety of Asian and Taiwanese cuisine can be found on the menu. Things from appetizers like onion cakes all the way to noodles and rice were all here.
   However, when it comes to service, they tend to be a bit slow. I am not sure if it's because they are busy or understaffed, but it took a while before we were noticed. By the time the waitress came to take our orders, everyone already had their phones out and briefly forgot what we wanted to order. After a quick peek at the menu, we each decided to order their minced pork combo.
    Soon after we ordered, the food was ready. I was very surprised at how fast the food came. It came in a matter of seconds which made me wonder if they have all the food cooked up already and they just heat it up. In terms of portion, it was good. There was a lot of meat to the minced meat set (what do you expect, the name of the combo implies it's going to be alot of meat). The main bowl had 2 full braised eggs, some sausage and also minced meat on it. The two side dishes were very interesting though, the fried gluten was very sweet and the vegetables didn't taste fresh (I think it was microwaved). Otherwise, I liked the combo and thought it was pretty decent for the price.
 When we were finished with our meal, we were back to the waiting game. My friend tried to wave down the waitress a few times until she finally saw us and gave us our bill. To say the least, it could be that they are understaffed or that their staff is overworked so service is slower (or maybe they are tired). Overall, the food is fair and price is fair so the hype and long line ups outside for a fair place is surprisingly long. I do like how many options they have and the pricing, however I am not sure if I like to wait in line for that long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment