Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's Day / Polar Bear Swim 2014

Nothing much was planned for today, the only two things that I would like to try is to wake up and watch the sunrise and do the Polar Bear Swim (Yes... the water is freezing). I woke up at around 8:00 and caught the glimpse of the first sun rise of the year. Even though I couldn't see the full sun rise because it's cloudy, it was nice to still catch a glimpse of the sun and see the clouds turn purple / orangey coloured before the clouds move in.
  After catching the sun rise, I headed out to Grouse Mountain to say hi to a few friends. I used to go to Grouse Mountain all the time during the summer to do Grouse Grinds, so I thought it would be nice to say hi. I was on a tight schedule though, because I was planning to do the Polar Bear Swim too.
  I've debated with myself for a while on whether or not I should be doing the Polar Bear Swim. Even though the temperature isn't too cold outside, the water temperature is another story. At the same time, it was cloudy and abit on the rainy side.
   When I got to English Bay, my debate about whether or not I should go in the water ended, there were so many people there! It was like a big party, and I guess my internal debate was over.
   When everyone jumped in the water I went along too and I must say, the water was cold!! So was the sand the moment I took off my shoes! Never the less it was fun and a great way to start off the New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment